Did you know that while you are asleep, thieves can open and even operate your car without breaking into it? Putting your Car Keyless Entry Fob in one of our car key fob guard Faraday bags blocks thieves from amplifying your fobs signal and opening your car.
Did you know they can do it using your keyless entry fob? Yep, the one that you thought was safe in your house, on your kitchen bench, on your desk or even in your hands right now while you´re reading this. It sounds crazy, but thieves using a signal amplifier can simply walk up to your car, open the door, steal your belongings and then leave the car without any evidence of tampering. Try explaining that to your insurance company. Depending on car, they can drive it away too.
Our Military Spec Key Fob Farady Bags can save you thousands of pounds in uninsurable contents loss or worse. Just put your keyless entry fob inside one of our key fob faraday bags and your car is protected.
News stories involving this sort of car crime:
- ADAC: Keyless: Leichte Beute für Autodiebe
- Forbes: Vulnerability In Car Keyless Entry Systems Allows Anyone To Open And Steal Your Vehicle
- NY Times: Keeping Your Car Safe From Electronic Thieves
- SFIST: Thief Hacks Car s Keyless Entry To Steal $15,000 Bike In Sausalito
- FinanceTwitter: Here s how a $17 gadget breaks into your car s keyless entry system
- AFR: Why keeping your car keys in the freezer may protect you from digital thieves
- Ars Technica:New York Times columnist falls prey to signal repeater car burglary
- Jalopnik: Tech Blogger Says He Watched As Youths Wirelessly Broke Into His Car
- NICB: Thieves Caught on Camera Using Mystery Device to Unlock Vehicles
- Business Insider: Power Amplifiers Helping Car Thieves
Thieves are using signal amplifiers to take the faint whisper from the key fob in your house and amplify it to make it heard by your car as if it was right in their hands.
Luckily, you do not need to put your car keys in your freezer or microwave (imagine what can happen), but you do need to protect your keys with a car key faraday cage.
- 100% effective
- Specific design for automotive keyless entry fobs
- Tough sports nylon on the outside ready for every day wear and tear
- High tech faraday cage inside
- Same product now used by rental car companies
- Small, light, flexible and unobtrusive - easy to carry in your pocket
This small, lightweight, flexible and durable faraday bag is popular with car owners, rental car companies and replacement remote key manufacturers to stop their keyless entry fobs from being remotely accessed.
There has been a steady increase in the number of thefts of vehicles and their contents in recent years as the technology to manipulate keyless entry devices has become cheaper and easier to obtain.
This faraday bag is manufactured to the highest standard, its the same standard that all our farady bags use, which are military grade. A double layer of ultra high specification, conductive silver/copper/nickel material is stitched together. Then we wrap the faraday cage in a further layer of tough sports nylon to protect it from daily wear and tear. This ensures your device is completely enveloped inside a true faraday cage.